My crazy calendar tells me that today is Watermelon Day and, while its winter here, we thought that we would share some watermelon teat ideas with those of you sweltering through the dog days of summer:
- Frosty Watermelon Dog Bone Treats (Pet Guide)
- Watermelon Poochie Pupsicles (Modern Dog Magazine)
- Mango Melon Munchies (Newf and Hound)
- Frozen Watermelon Cubes (Love to Know)
- Coconut and Watermelon Dog Treats (Gone to the Snow Dogs)
Sorry, cool cats, but I wasn't able to find any watermelon treat recipes for kitty with photos to include in the collage above, but you can try watermelon straight-up (or frozen) or there is a recipe for vegan Fruit Deluxe on the PETA website if you are feeling adventurous! Watermelon.org will, however, show you how to carve a watermelon cat and not (at least not yet) how to carve a watermelon dog.